Duty of Care Best Practices
Current thought leadership centers on how to balance duty of care responsibilities with the organization’s business interests. In this ebook, TRC's relocation experts discuss topics such as:
- Safeguarding the physical and mental health of employees and their families;
- Safety and security measures and contingency planning; and
- Effective emergency communication plans.
Selecting a Relocation Management Company
For many companies relocation begins in an ad hoc way. This ebook outlines the steps in a typical relocation procurement process, including:
- Assessing your needs and the level of relocation support you need;
- Forming a selection team and designating a relocation gatekeeper;
- Developing a list of potential full-service relocation management companies;
- Issuing an RFIs and RFPs;
- Evaluating potential relocation service partners and pricing proposals; and
- Establishing a relationship with the selected relocation management company.
16 Ways to Reduce Your Employee Mobility Costs
The pressure to reduce global mobility services and relocation program costs began before the current pandemic, but Covid-19 is certainly accelerating that process.
As we slowly return to normalcy, companies will want to consider how they can preserve some of these cost savings while still achieving their talent management and business objectives.
Working with a Relocation Management Company
Employee relocation begins as a baptism by fire for many companies, with an immediate need but little idea of the type or amount of assistance to offer. Download this ebook to learn:
- What RMCs provide and the benefits of working with one;
- Developing a corporate relocation policy with an RMC; and
- The value of relocation technology and supply chain networks in program management.
U.S. Domestic Relocation Policy Best Practices
Here's a great starting point for companies looking for help creating or improving their domestic relocation packages and policies. Download this ebook to learn:
- New ways to make your relocation package both competitive and cost-effective;
- Employee benefits worth reconsidering;
- Steps to jump start your company relocation policy review process; and
- How to improve your domestic relocation policy to produce successful outcomes.
The 2017 Tax Cuts & Jobs Act: Implications for Companies
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act made significant changes to the IRS treatment of relocation expenses. Download this ebook to understand:
- Changes to Federal Tax treatment of moving expenses;
- Challenges for high-cost areas and the anticipated popularity of lump sums;
- Impact on international relocation assignments;
- Three steps you can take immediately.
Short-Term Dev Assignments: What They Are & How to Use Them
Short-term developmental assignments (STDAs) are gaining traction with companies looking to support business growth and employee development while controlling costs. This creative strategy allows businesses to deploy talent where needed without making the financial commitment inherent in a permanent domestic move or a long-term international assignment, but not without careful consideration.
Lump Sum Policies Best Practices
There are internal and external factors to consider in deciding if a lump sum program is right for your company and your global mobility initiatives. Download this ebook to learn:
- Advantages & disadvantages of each type of policy;
- How each type of lump sum program works; and
- Which type of policy is the best fit for your employee relocation program.