Duty of Care Best Practices for Global Mobility
Duty of care is a longstanding common law principle. In the employer-employee relationship, it refers to the company’s obligation to take reasonable actions to protect employees and safeguard their health and safety.
Current thought leadership centers on how to balance duty of care responsibilities with the organization’s business interests. In this whitepaper, TRC's relocation experts discuss best practices that each incorporate legal and ethical considerations, including:
- Safeguarding the physical and mental health of employees and their families;
- Safety and security measures and contingency planning;
- Effective emergency communication plans;
- Data security plans to manage common risks; and
- The role suppliers share in the duty of care obligation.